Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» September
by Isis Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:40 pm

» Hi Fellow Mums
by Isis Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:44 pm

» August
by Isis Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:02 pm

» Cloth diapers for sale!
by Isis Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:21 am

» Photo Shoot!
by Isis Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:10 am

Top posting users this week
No user

What Is Paw in Paw?

4 posters

Go down

What Is Paw in Paw? Empty What Is Paw in Paw?

Post by Isis Wed May 28, 2014 10:09 am

Paw in Paw is a dream waiting to come true.
An organisation that reunites lost pets with their owners and gives the found strays a furever home where they will be cared for and loved. We also cater to rehoming situations as we understand that sometimes it truly is what's best for the animal.

Our goal is to become a full fledged, large shelter that caters to cats, dogs, rabbits, birds and more. Currently we are working with foster families to care for the animals we bring in.

Each animal is held as-is (unless in dire need of veterinary care) for a period of time while we search various websites (londonlostpets, kijiji, etc) for a lost ad. If no ad is located, we begin the process of getting the animal ready for adoption by having their shots brought up to date and having them spayed/neutered. During this time, we will post pictures of the animal(s) in our care and ask that people share them on social media websites so that if an owner steps forward, they can reclaim their pet. *Owners will be held responsible for any veterinary costs.
If nobody comes forward, the animal becomes available for adoption.

We are currently in need of foster homes, funding, and sponsors to get Paw in Paw off the ground. For more information, please visit our website or contact Paw in Paw directly at: pawinpaw@outlook.com

Isis
Isis
Admin

Love : 193

http://www.behindblueeyes2014.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

What Is Paw in Paw? Empty Re: What Is Paw in Paw?

Post by babybears123 Wed May 28, 2014 10:32 am

This is a great idea and I hope it takes off! 

I have a little cat friend (not my own cat) but for the longest time I would find him fast asleep on my patio chairs every morning. He's really very friendly and every morning he welcomed us with a big stretch and a meow, and then carry on with his day.

Kitty hasn't come back for a while, but I do have one question I'm hoping you can answer:

How do you approach lost animals? I'm always scared, and I'm sure they are also scared of me. How do you talk to children about stray animals? Like you said, some kids would bring home the zoo if they could, but how do you teach them to err on the side of caution?

***I guess I had more than just one question. Sorry.
babybears123
babybears123

Love : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis Wed May 28, 2014 10:46 am

Haha, no worries.
Honestly, I personally have absolutely no fear... So when approaching a wild or stray animal, I tend to just slowly walk up to them. I get down low sometimes too just so I don't look so big, and once I'm close enough, I put out my hand for them to sniff. A lot of it is also reading the animal, watch how they move, watch their eyes, their ears, you can literally see if they are scared or comfortable with you approaching.

(That's how I manage to get amazing photo's, like this one: What Is Paw in Paw? Woodla10 )

With kids, I tend to just explain that it's better to leave the animals where they are or to get an adult because sometimes if an animal is scared or hurt it might try to bite you because you're bigger than they are.
Isis
Isis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by babybears123 Wed May 28, 2014 11:10 am

See, and I can totally see my youngest being that kid to bring home an animal every other day. She loves animals, and I'm glad...it's just a matter of instilling in her that she can't go chasing after them. (we were observing some baby geese once and my child darted at them, resulting in mama goose chasing DD...not fun)

On that note, if/when I see/hear of lost or found animals, I will keep your program in mind.
babybears123
babybears123

Love : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis Wed May 28, 2014 11:29 am

Thanks! Very Happy
Isis
Isis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri May 30, 2014 2:02 pm

What a great idea Isis! You'll do great with this, it's right up your alley.
Missy
Missy

Love : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by crabby Fri May 30, 2014 6:28 pm

Thumbs Up
crabby
crabby

Love : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum